Thank you to all of those who have returned their child’s permission to camp form for the contingent weekend. If not, please do so before midday on Monday so we have enough time to cater and organise accommodation. If you need a new form it can be found on the downloads section of this site, listed as FORM B. Please return to via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Depending on numbers, the Scouts will either be staying indoors, or camping on an adjacent pitch. As such please note that they will need a sleeping bag and mat (so they are prepared to camp if needed), this was on the original letter so shouldn’t come as a surprise to them.
The weekend will take place at:
Needwood Forest Scout Campsite, Dunstall Road, Rangemore, Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 9RG
1) Leave the A38 South at the A5121 roundabout (signposted Branston, Burton, A5121)
2) Take the third exit signposted Tatenhill
3) Follow the road for several miles, passing through Tatenhill village (straight over at the village crossroads)
4) At the end of the road (crossroads) turn left (signposted Barton-under-Needwood 3 miles)
5) Campsite is on the left after approx 0.8 miles (site is poorly signposted, we will aim to put out our own sign)
Scouts should meet on Saturday 1st February at 10:00 am at the campsite, unless transport has been arranged through their respective Scout Leader, and pick up on Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm. Please note that if your child is attending the Chief Scouts’ Award ceremony on Sunday afternoon you will need to pick them up earlier. Please let us know on Saturday morning that you intend to do this, so that we can make sure they are ready.
They will need to arrive and depart in uniform. Activities will be a mixture of outdoors and in, so they need adequate footwear, outdoor trousers and waterproofs for hiking, etc… as well as more comfortable clothing for the evening and workshops.
There is no cost associated with the camp (other than getting there), as this is covered by the overall cost of the tour.